There is an upcoming youth service opportunity to serve the community in Southwest CDC. Interested participants are to sign up HERE.
The details of the youth service:
Event: Mid-Autumn Lantern Festival Engagement with JEM 2014
Date: 5th Sep 2014 (Friday) - Term 3 Week 10 - actual event
Time: 1930-2100 hrs (see item #6 below)
Venue: JEM Rooftop Park @ JEM (Level 5 and 6)
Target Beneficiaries: About 30 low income children aged 5-9 years old in the precinct
Brief on Youth Service: Participants will undergo training on story telling techniques and will tell stories to the beneficiaries on the origins of Mid-Autumn Festival and the legend of Chang Er which will last for about 15 to 30mins on the actual day of event.
Programme on 5 Sep
1) 1730hrs – Beneficiaries arrive at JEM and will make their way up to the JEM Park
2) 1745hrs – Pomelo Peeling Contest and Mid-Autumn Family Games
3) 1830hrs – Short performance by Cultural and Acrobatic Performers
4) 1900hrs – Lantern Giveaway and Lantern Trail
5) 1930hrs – Dinner/Moon Cake Tasting
6) 2000hrs – Story Telling on origins of Mid-Autumn Festival and the legend of Chang Er
7) 2030hrs – Photography session
Youth service hours (preparation hours and actual day service) will be granted for all participants.
Please direct any enquiries on this community service to Mr Seth Tan (email@example.com)