Welcome back to SST in Term 3 2020!
We hope that you have had a good break and are looking forward to seeing your friends and teachers back in school! :)
As you adjust to a new normal in school, here are some things that you will need to do to prepare for school and when you report to school on 2 June 2020 at 0740 (for Secondary 1, 2 and 4 students) and on 8 June 2020 at 0840 (for Secondary 3 students).
Preparing for the School
1. Your Journey to School
- You are advised to set off earlier than usual from home for school as you may encounter delays due to safe distancing measures on public transport and safe management measures by the school when you arrive.
- Please familiarise yourself with the safe measurement measures on the buses and trains if you are taking public transport.
2. Things to pack:
- Bring your own kit (see list below) and avoid sharing essential items to prevent cross-contamination.
- Mask (main option) or face shield (secondary option).
- Reusable bag (eg. a plastic “sandwich” bag or paper bag) to store your mask and/or face-shield for hygiene purposes. Label your name and class on your reusable bag
- Oral Digital Thermometer (in working condition)
- Hand sanitiser
- Wet wipes
- A box of tissue paper for wiping down of your learning area(s)
- Remember to bring a book for reading.
3. Attire and Grooming
Safe Management Measures in School
- A gentle reminder for all students to be appropriately attired in your school uniform and groomed when you report for school.
- Please refer to Attire and Grooming Guidelines in the SST Code of Conduct (page 17 and page 18) for details.
All students are expected to play their part as a responsible member of the SST community by complying with the Safe Management Measures:
4. Social Responsibility:
5. Maintaining a Safe Distance at All Times
- Remain at home if you are feeling unwell and seek medical advice.
- DO NOT come to school if you are on Leave of Absence (LOA), Stay Home Notice (SHN), Home Quarantine Order (HQO) and Approved Absence (AA).
- DO NOT come to school even if you are well but one of your adult household members (18 years old and above) shows flu-like symptoms. Please have your parents inform your form teacher or contact the General Office when this situation arises.
- Check and monitor your own temperature daily.
6. Practising Good Hygiene Upon Arrival in School
- Abide by all social distancing measures when commuting between home and school
- If you take the MRT to school, you are encouraged to walk to and from Dover MRT station and especially from SST to Dover MRT station to school if the weather permits to avoid crowding at the bus-stop.
- Maintain social distancing from others at the school gate when entering and leaving the school.
- When buying food, obey queue markers on the floor of the canteen for safe distancing. You are encouraged to join the queue that is cleared faster.
- To facilitate the quick clearance of queues, most canteen stalls will be offering a fixed standard menu on a pick-and-go basis. You are advised to plan ahead so as to avoid browsing to see what is being offered by each stall.
7. New Classroom Venues for Some Classes
- Wash hands with soap and water or clean hands with hand sanitiser
- Report directly to your classroom.
- No playing of sport games (free/ unstructured play) or board games.
- Wipe down your desk area.
- Wash hands with soap and water or clean hands with hand sanitiser after a wipe-down.
- In order to ensure safe distancing in school and by reducing congestion in the school, some Secondary One classes (S1-02, S1-04, S1-06, S1-08) and all Secondary Two classes will be relocated to a new classroom venue.
- Here is the link to the map of the new classroom venues.
- Students are to report to their new classroom venue on 2 June 2020 when they return to school.
Stay safe, be socially responsible, practise good hygiene and keep a safe distance!
Looking forward to seeing you back in school! :)
From the SST Student Development Team
*Note: The links provided can only be viewed by SST students using the school’s domain.