Since its launch in 2014, the Raffles Business Symposium has been designed to serve as a greenhouse for budding youth entrepreneurs from ages 15-19. Through the symposium and competition segments, we hope to enable our budding entrepreneurs to:
- Celebrate those who have been entrepreneurially daring
- Harness the lessons learnt by existing entrepreneurs
- Have opportunities to voice out questions and receive advice from entrepreneurs who are well-versed with current market demands
- Foster the spirit of collaboration and the sharing of knowledge
- Present business ideas to gather constructive feedback for further improvement and possibly, implementation in the future
The theme for Raffles Business Symposium 2023 is: Food Innovation. With rapid advances in technology, producers today are constantly looking for ways to maximise their resources, optimise processes and ensure sustainable supply chains - a lesson learnt for many as a result of Covid-19. As we slowly but steadily emerge from the pandemic and look towards the future, how might we innovate within the food industry, so as to ensure a sustainable yet plentiful food supply to feed a growing global population?
For the competition segment, the winning teams will receive the following cash prizes:
- 1st prize: $400
- 2nd prize: $200
- 3rd prize: $100
In the preliminary stage, students will create and submit a written report not exceeding 1500 words, and a 2-3 minute video pitching their product by 14th June 2023.
In the finals stage, the top 5 teams from the preliminary round will then proceed to the final round on 18th August 2023, Friday, 3.00pm-6.30pm at Raffles Institution. There, teams will be given the opportunity to present their ideas in a physical symposium. During the Finals, invited speakers such as industrial experts and leading entrepreneurs will also be sharing their valuable insights around the theme of Food Innovation.
These are the important dates:
- Competition Registration Deadline: 5 May 2023
- Registration will open soon, and the sign-up link will be sent in a follow-up email.
- Do register in teams of 4-5 students.
- Submission for Preliminary Round of Competition Segment: 14 June 2023, 2359
- Release of Preliminary Round results (via email) of Competition Segment: 12 July 2023
- Final Round of RBS 2021: 18 August 2023, 1500-1830
More details will be given by the organisers, including the rubrics for the competition and a reading package based on our theme - Food Innovation - at a later date, once registered.
Please form a group of 3-4 and contact Ms Choo and Mr Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 20 Apr 2023 to indicate your interest.