Some of these online mindmapping platforms also allow us to insert images, video clips and hyperlinks to relevant websites. Mindmeister and Popplet are examples of such online apps.
Create a MindMeister account using your SST account, which is essentially a Google account.
- Go to https://www.mindmeister.com/ and click on the Sign in button on the top right hand corner.
- In the pop-up, choose more -> Google Apps
- Key in "s2015.sst.edu.sg" and click "Sign in".
- Generate a to-do list for the first day of school in Google Doc.
- Convert the list to a mindmap using the Mindmeister Google Doc add-on. Watch the following video for the how-tos.
- Embed and publish your google Doc in your blog.
Popplet Activity1. Create a Popplet account
2. Identify one Maths topic you learnt in primary school (e.g. Decimals, Fractions, Model Drawing).
Create a mindmap to present what you understand about these topics. It should include
The mindmap should include text, hyperlinks to relevant websites and images.
Here's an example (incomplete):
3. Click at the "Share" button to display the various options of display.
4. Select the HTML code under "embed it" and copy it.
5. Login to your blog. Create a new post entitled, "Mindmap of .... (topic)".
Switch the posting mode to "HTML" and paste the HTML codes there.
6. The post will look like this: